Monday, August 07, 2006

The way Mumbai moves : You wont need a compass.....

Last week I had a bad day at the MindSpace, Malad. I was returning back to the Malad station in the evening and just thought that I will save some money and instead of taking an auto I will take the long walk. I was on the road but had no idea which is the right direction. I got an idea. I just discovered one innovative method to reach the station. I started following the auto-rickshaws. One pushing the other there was a huge train of autos, moving at a snail’s speed. I started following it. Whenever I came at a crossroad I followed the direction to which maximum numbers of autos were going. I just kept on walking this way and soon ended up to the station. I just succeeded in my experiment !!

This speaks a lot about how Mumbai moves. The pivotal role that local trains play and the huge volume they carry. Be it morning or evening, the road most traveled will always lead you to the local station. Do you still need a compass !!

Well, that’s my latest theory and I have practically proved it myself. The image shows two locals moving like snakes on our very own Vashi bridge, over the Thane creek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice job... nice way of experimenting.. but ppl may think that u r a young graduate in search of a damn job....
take care...