Monday, August 07, 2006

With reference to my last blog I would like to mention that ‘HT’ and ‘DNA’ are two newspapers whom I have observed using 11/7 and not 7/11. However there may be a few more. Good work guys…

The last week I had a nice fling with the BPO industry as I kept running from one to another to get a job but was constantly rejected. Few of the reasons told were like taking too many pauses while I speak, MTI (mother tongue influence), Nautical Science background, no commerce background, etc. I have observed that the intelligence level of these BPO guys was certainly quite low but at the same time they were too good at dressing and fagging. At one place I was quite amused to see mirrors put strategically in front of each table, so that you can see yourself while you attend to the international calls! Funny. And equally funny was to get rejected by them for a call centre job. But then Varun got it at one go….

So I believe there is something called destiny and may be I am destined to do something else. Something else like teaching physics. Ya… that’s again funny, particularly after all those swearing after the JEE in 2k3 not to touch those books again. But I am enjoying this job at Rs. 100 per hour. And the students are loving me. I just make them think…. That’s all.


No comments: