Wednesday, August 16, 2006

You - The People

This entry is dedicated to the People ( remember .. to the people, for the people , by the people ... ) I had a talk with in the recent weeks.

Mr. V. One of my very close friend from the ship told me about his experiences in the BPO. One fine day the fat ladywith an amazing accent was teaching his class how to pronounce words containing 'oo' the American way. He was asked to give some examples after she had explained. Now the first word that came to his mind was 'smooch'. But my friend V is a very shy person. How could he speak that ?? Gathering much courage he finally did it. But unfortunately was not very audible. So he was asked to repeat .... again and again. And as soon as he made his last attempt and saw the lady grasping the word he had been saying a faint smile appeared on is face. He pulled his head down and the faint smile turned into a LOL... what next ?? "Get out of my class.... you shameless sailor ! This must be the reason why your parents dont want you to go to the sea.." The next class Mr. V was asked to say something on what he wanted to be... kind of extempore. And my dear friend couldn't hide his ambitions and started speaking on how desperate he was to become a captain.... standing there in a Call Centre !! You can guess what followed.

Etti, we met while waiting for the results at WNS interview in Vikhroli. Its too early to say anything but I think I have found a friend in her. Right now she is preparing for CAT and is a bit scared.... And camels take a note... she is from
Ajmer !!

Last weekend I was in Pune and I met a bunch of talent there.

Moin. After passing out from IIT KGP is working there in NVIDEA. I was happy for the accommodation they were getting, although for a month only. They had a bath tub in the bathroom... :) . So he is living in the 'present' right now... not thinking much of the future... dude, do u really need to give future a thought !!!

Anupam. Moin's roomie from same background (and foreground as well! ) originally from Allahabad. We mixed up really fast and really well... and I was amazed at that !

Rajiv. I wish I had met with him with a greater intensity... Workinng in TCS, Mumbai... was a bit frustrated...

Sharma. Passed out from IIT. Is doing a software job as well as teaching in IMS and earning around 50 k through all this.

I forgot his name. He was a Civil Engg. from IIT Kgp and was looking off-campus for some job in Pune. A very humble guy with very studious looks. The guy deserves a mention for getting selected in IIM L this year and then not joining it to have some play in the industry... "Next attempt mein Ahmedabad to mil hin jayega", he said.

If you are waiting to read about anyone else whom I met there in Pune then sorry... I m not gonna mention that ! Not now. However I confess in front of all of you that I have..... seen.... KANK !!! Would like to do its dissection in the next entry........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ..wat can i comment on ur blog yaar.....u write so well..
good tht ur earnin frds yaar!
i m missin this kinda life...
u hav described mr v quite wel!!!
i m waitin to come there and share all the experiences wid u !!!!
keep goin man..
nitin

Anonymous said...

as usual nice writeup yaar. the first portion was really touchin though i could ot make out the relevance of providin intros about the guyz u are meeting at pune. any ways come up with some more ones like that in the first part of the blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.